World Class Competitors
The Government, through UK Sport and Sport England, is committed to help spot, coach and support talented athletes through a variety of means. These include:
- World Class Start, Potential and Performance Programmes.
- The UK Sports Institute (including the four Home Country Sports Instututes).
- Overseeing the UK’s anti-doping testing programme.
- Sports medicine and science.
- Organising the Sports Cabinet (which consists of the four Home Country Sports Ministers, chaired by Tessa Jowell) and the Governing Body Modernisation Programme.