With our 33 diplomatic missions in Africa, we work:
- With African governments on regional and international issues;
- To explain British policies and viewpoints to African governments and their publics;
- To support Africans in and outside government in developing democracy and respect for human rights;
- With African countries, to improve their security so that their economies can flourish;
- With African governments and other relevant organisations to promote sound economic policies and to improve the living standards of their people;
- To promote British goods and services and enhance trade with Africa;
- To provide advice and help in African countries to British nationals;
- To issue visas to people from African countries who wish to come to Britain.
These pages contain further information about UK policy on Africa
and the New Partnership for Africa's Development (NePAD)
. They detail how the UK and France
work together in delivering their policy on Africa; the UK's attempts to restore peace in Sierra Leone
and the UK approach to land reform in Zimbabwe
. Follow the links to the left.