About the unit
In this first unit pupils learn to ask and answer simple questions about themselves in Spanish. They learn some useful classroom phrases and vocabulary for classroom objects as well as basic rules of pronunciation and spelling.
New language content:
- asking and responding to simple questions using ¿Cómo? ¿Cuándo? ¿Qué? ¿Cuánto?
- introduction to verbs in first and second persons singular
- numbers 1-31
- rules and guidance for pronunciation and spelling
- indefinite articles
- plurals of nouns
- (No) hay
- meeting and greeting people, both formally and informally
- personal details (name, age, birthday)
- the alphabet
- months, dates, days of the week
- classroom objects
- classroom instructions
This unit is expected to take 12-15 hours.