If you have a complaint about our consular service, please let us know. This page tells you who to contact and what we will do to put things right.
Who to complain to
If you are not satisfied with our consular service or the consular service provided at a British Embassy, High Commission or Consulate abroad please phone or write to us. You can make your consular complaint:
- By telephoning us on 020 7008 0223.
By sending us a fax on 020 7008 0152.
(Please do not use these numbers for visa-related complaints. For visa-related complaints, please contact UK Visas by telephoning on 020 7008 8438 or by sending a fax on 020 7008 8359 or 8361.)
- By writing to us at the following address: Head of Consular Division, Foreign & Commonwealth Office, Old Admiralty Building, Whitehall, LONDON SW1A 2PA
What we will do
- Take your complaint seriously.
- Deal with your complaint quickly and courteously.
- Investigate and give a full reply within 10 working days. If we cannot give you a full reply within the time we will tell you when we expect to do so and keep you up-to-date with progress.
We will record and examine complaints and use the information to help make sure we offer the best possible service.
What to do if you are still not satisfied
If you feel we have not dealt with your complaint in a fair and straightforward way, you can ask your Member of Parliament (MP) to write to the Parliamentary Commissioner for Administration (the Ombudsman) for you. To find the location of the nearest British Embassy or High Commission in your destination please click on the link below and select the relevant country from the alphabetical list.