[Sitemap]  [Search Page]  [Subscribe]  [Feedback Form]  [Home]  [Graphics Version
[News]  [Country Advice]  [Before You Go]  [While You Are There]  [If It All Goes Wrong]  [Campaign and Partners]  [Contact Us / FAQs]  [Links
[FAQs]  [Travelling]  [Health & Safety]  [Crime]  [In Prison/On Trial Overseas]  [Forced Marriage]  [Child Abduction]  [Birth/Death Overseas]  [Marriage/Adoption Overseas]  [Missing People Overseas]  [Dual Nationality]  [Consular Services/Living Overseas]  [Timeshare]  [Money Matters]  [Passports]  [Legalisation]  [Wildlife Souvenirs / Products]  [FCO Travel Advice]  [Driving Abroad]  [Applying for a Passport Whilst Overseas]  [Consular Fees]  [Complaints Procedure]

Complaints Procedure

If you have a complaint about our consular service, please let us know. This page tells you who to contact and what we will do to put things right.

Who to complain to

If you are not satisfied with our consular service or the consular service provided at a British Embassy, High Commission or Consulate abroad please phone or write to us. You can make your consular complaint:

What we will do

We will:

We will record and examine complaints and use the information to help make sure we offer the best possible service.

What to do if you are still not satisfied

If you feel we have not dealt with your complaint in a fair and straightforward way, you can ask your Member of Parliament (MP) to write to the Parliamentary Commissioner for Administration (the Ombudsman) for you. To find the location of the nearest British Embassy or High Commission in your destination please click on the link below and select the relevant country from the alphabetical list.

UK Overseas Missions