Website of the UK government

Please note that this website has a UK government accesskeys system.

Public services all in one place

Main menu

Student finance forms and guides 2010/11

Forms and guides are available for full-time and part-time students, parents and partners and those who are disabled or have childcare costs. Download forms and guides for 2010/11 below. Details of how to order forms and guides in Braille, large print and audio formats are also available.

Apply for finance forms and guides

You can apply for finance up to nine months after the start of the academic year

Full-time students

New and continuing full-time students can still apply online for loans, grants and bursaries for 2010/11.

You can apply for finance up to nine months after the start of the academic year. Check with your university or college if you're unsure when your academic year starts. It will either be 1 September, 1 January, 1 April or 1 July. It's not the day your course starts.

If you are unable to apply online, please download a paper application form below.

Part-time students

Part-time students can apply for a Fee Grant and a Course Grant by filling in a paper form. The part-time application form only needs to be sent to Student Finance England after you enrol on your course. Your university or college needs to stamp it first.

Send completed student finance forms to:

Student Finance England
PO Box 210
Darlington DL1 9HJ

New students: proving your identity

New full-time and part-time students need to give their UK passport details or send their birth certificate with a countersigned 'birth or adoption certificate declaration form'.

Parents and partners

You can submit your financial details online or by completing a paper form. If you want to submit your details on paper use PFF1 if you're supporting a new student or form PFF2 if you're supporting a continuing student.

Student finance applications for 2010/11 are usually assessed on household income for the 2008-09 tax year. If your income is likely to drop by at least 15 per cent you can give your current year income by completing a 'Current year income assessment form'. Please note, you’ll still need to submit your financial assessment details online or by completing either form PFF1 or PFF2.

After you apply for finance forms

Full-time students: loan request forms

Complete a loan request form if you decide after applying to:

  • add a Maintenance Loan to your application to help with your living costs
  • add a Tuition Fee Loan to your application to cover your course fees
  • change the amount of Maintenance Loan or Tuition Fee Loan you’re applying for

Change of circumstances forms

You need to report changes in your course, income or family circumstances as it may affect the student finance you’re entitled to. See 'If your course, income or family circumstances change' to check what changes you can make online and what changes can be made using a form.

Extra financial help forms and guides

Disabled students

Complete the short Disabled Students' Allowances (DSAs) form if you’ve applied or you’re applying for full-time student finance. Complete the full DSAs form if you’re a full-time student just applying for DSAs or you’re on a part-time, postgraduate or distant learning course.

Braille, large print and audio forms and guides

You can order accessible formats of student finance forms and guides in Braille, large print or audio. If you're ordering by email please state your name, address and customer reference number, if you have one, and which format you need.

  • email:
  • tel: 0141 243 3686 (Braille, large print and audio requests only)

The Braille, large print and audio email address and telephone number can only deal with requests for alternative formats of forms and guides. If you want to get an update on your student finance application you can do it online or over the phone. See ‘Contact Student Finance England’ for details.

Help with PDF files

The forms and guides on this page are provided in Portable Document Format (PDF). To view PDF files, you need Adobe Reader. The program is available free if you don't already have it.

Was this information useful?

How useful did you find this information?

500 character limit
Your Privacy Opens new window

Why are we asking for this information?

  • we want to hear what you think about the quality and usefulness of our pages
  • your comments will help us improve our pages
  • your comments will also help with the future development of Directgov
  • telling us what you think will help make sure we give you the very best service

Additional links

Service availability (20 April)

Student Finance England

Student finance online services will be unavailable between 5.00 pm and 9.00 pm this evening

Access keys