Website of the UK government

Please note that this website has a UK government accesskeys system.

Public services all in one place

Main menu

Monday, 27 June 2011

Apply for a Crisis Loan (form SF401)

A Crisis Loan is an interest-free loan which can provide help in an emergency or disaster.


The Crisis Loans page explains who can apply, in what circumstances, how much a loan might be and how to apply for it.

How to use this service

Download a claim form in PDF format from the Department for Work and Pensions website. The form comes with notes that will help you fill it in and tell you where to send the completed form.

To access the form you will need a copy of Adobe Reader. Information on how to download this for free is available on the right panel of this page. 

This online service is for England, Scotland and Wales only.

Was this information useful?

How useful did you find this information?

500 character limit
Your Privacy Opens new window

Why are we asking for this information?

  • we want to hear what you think about the quality and usefulness of our pages
  • your comments will help us improve our pages
  • your comments will also help with the future development of Directgov
  • telling us what you think will help make sure we give you the very best service

Additional links

Online benefits advice

If you need advice on benefits, pensions and credits, see what you might get by using the online calculator

Help with PDF files

To view PDF files you need Adobe Reader. The program is freely available if you do not already have it.

Access keys