1. Overview

You may be able to get financial help through a Help to Buy home ownership scheme if you live in England and can’t afford to buy a home.

Wales and Scotland have different schemes.

The 4 types of Help to Buy scheme are:

Contact the Help to Buy agent in the area you want to live to find out more about Help to Buy equity loans and shared ownership schemes.

There are also schemes for council and housing association tenants. Read the guides on Right to Buy and Right to Acquire.

Help us improve GOV.UK

Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.