Hate Crime – The Cross-Government Action Plan
Hate crimes are crimes motivated by prejudice or hostility based on the victim’s disability, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation or whether they are transgender. There is a spectrum of hate crime which runs from daily abuse through to violent extremism. Hate crimes spread fear amongst communities and are a threat to community cohesion.
This Action Plan sets out the challenges we face in tackling hate crime and how we are going to meet these challenges in the short to medium term. This is the first time all government action to tackle hate crime has been brought together in one place.
The Action Plan is available below in several formats.
Date: Tue Oct 13 14:50:00 BST 2009
- Hate crime: the cross-government action plan (PDF file - 539kb)
- Hate crime action plan - easy read version (PDF file - 458kb)
- Hate crime action plan - Welsh language version (PDF file - 403kb)
- Hate crime action plan - audio version (PDF file - 419kb)
- Equality impact assessment report on the cross-government hate crime action plan (PDF file - 193kb)
Adobe provide a free online tool which converts PDF files to text. To use this service visit http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/access_onlinetools.html (new window)
To view a document in Adobe PDF format, you may first need to download a free copy of the Adobe Acrobat reader (new window).