This snapshot, taken on
, shows web content acquired for preservation by The National Archives. External links, forms and search may not work in archived websites and contact details are likely to be out of date.
The UK Government Web Archive does not use cookies but some may be left in your browser from archived websites.

2012-13 PAYE Coding Notice - for individuals

Details of the new tax code

During January, February and March HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) will be sending out new tax codes for 2012-13.

PAYE Coding Notice

During January, February or March you may get a PAYE Coding Notice from HMRC telling you what your new tax code will be for the tax year 2012-13. Your new tax code will be used by your employer or pension provider from the 6 April 2012 to make sure you pay the right amount of tax.

Not everyone needs to get a Coding Notice, so don't worry if you don't receive one - your employer or pension provider will still be able to update your tax code on the 6 April.

Your Coding Notice is for you to keep.

HMRC will send your new code to your employer or pension provider.

If you have an agent acting for you tell them you have a new tax code - they won't receive a copy.

Find out more about tax codes and your PAYE Coding Notice

P2 PAYE Coding Notice - insert 2012-13 (PDF 105K)

If you're enrolled for Self Assessment Online

If you're an employee or get a company or personal pension and are enrolled for Self Assessment Online, you can view PAYE Coding Notices issued after 11 October 2011 online.

Understanding and using Self Assessment Online