BIM72501 - Partnership Act 1890 (Arrangement of
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
NATURE OF PARTNERSHIP
- Definition of partnership.
- Rules for determining existence of
- Postponement of rights of person lending or
selling in consideration of share of profits in case of
- Meaning of firm.
RELATIONS OF PARTNERS TO PERSONS DEALINGS WITH
- Power of partner to bind the firm.
- Partners bound by acts on behalf of firm.
- Partner using credit of firm for private
- Effect of notice that firm will not be bound by
acts of partner.
- Liability of partners.
- Liability of the firm for wrongs.
- Misapplication of money or property received
for or in custody of the firm.
- Liability for wrongs joint and several.
- Improper employment of trust-property for
- Persons liable by 'holding out'.
- Admissions and representations of
- Notice to acting partner to be notice to the
- Liabilities of incoming and outgoing
- Revocation of continuing guaranty by change in
RELATIONS OF PARTNERS TO ONE ANOTHER
- Variation by consent of terms of
- Partnership property.
- Property bought with partnership money.
- Conversion into personal estate of land held as
- Procedure against partnership property for a
partner's separate judgment debt.
- Rules as to interests and duties of partners
subject to special agreement.
- Expulsion of partner.
- Retirement from partnership at will.
- Where partnership for term is continued over,
continuance on old terms presumed.
- Duty of partners to render accounts &
- Accountability of partners for private
- Duty of partner not to compete with firm.
- Rights of assignee of share in
DISSOLUTION OF PARTNERSHIP, AND ITS CONSEQUENCES
- Dissolution by expiration or notice.
- Dissolution by bankruptcy, death, or
- Dissolution by illegality of partnership.
- Dissolution by the Court.
- Rights of persons dealing with firm against
apparent members of firm.
- Rights of partners to notify dissolution.
- Continuing authority of partners for purposes
of winding up.
- Rights of partners as to application of
- Apportionment of premium where partnership
- Rights where partnership dissolved for fraud or
- Right of outgoing partner in certain cases to
share profits made after dissolution.
- Retiring or deceased partner's share to be a
- Rule for distribution of assets on final
settlement of accounts.
- Definitions of `Court' and `business'.
- Saving for rules of equity and common law.
- Provision as to bankruptcy in Scotland.
- Repeal (Repealed).
- Commencement of Act (Repealed).
- Short title.
An Act to declare and amend the Law of Partnership. (14th
Be it enacted by the Queen's most Excellent Majesty, by and
with the advice and consent of the Lords Spiritual and Temporal,
and Commons, in this present Parliament assembled, and by the
authority of the same, as follows.