Round-up of the decisions in West Midlands
In the West Midlands cluster and individual locations, five office buildings will house the Department’s future operations in the area, whilst 12 offices are to be vacated from spring 2010 onwards. As announced at the start of the consultation in March 2008 the Enquiry Centre at Leamington Spa will be retained and this location was not included in the feasibility process.
The West Midlands consultation also included two offices in the Birmingham urban centre in Redditch and Brierley Hill both of these offices are being vacated from spring 2010.
Enquiry centre services will remain either at their current location
or an alternative site nearby.
Following feasibility outcomes the original proposals published in March 2008 will go forward to implementation.
Building being retained (excluded from this review):
- 62 Brandon Road, Leamington Spa
The buildings being retained are:
- Sherbourne House, 1 Manor House Drive, Coventry
- International Hub, Middlemarch Business Pk, Coventry
- Blackburn House, Hanley, Stoke on Trent
- Government Buildings, Whittington Road, Worcester
Buildings to be vacated from spring 2010 onwards are:
- Capstan House, Waterfront East, Brierley Hill
- Rogers House, Beecroft Road, Cannock
- Lower Leys, Burford Road, Bengeworth, Evesham
- Broadway House, 32-35 Broad Street, Hereford
- Britannia Chambers, West Street, Leek
- Old MEB Buildings, Riddings Road, Ludlow
- Powell House, Church Street, Nuneaton
- Plas Ffynnon, 12/14 Middleton Road, Oswestry
- Threadneedle House, Alcester Street, Redditch
- Bennfield House, 12 Corporation Street, Rugby
- New Mayfield House, Lakeside Business Park, Shrewsbury
- Greyfriars House, Greyfriars, Stafford
- Crown Building, Alcester Road, Stratford on Avon
- Dolanog House, 24 Severn Road, Welshpool
Impact Assessments have been published for those buildings we intend to vacate.