The new members are Mr Geoffrey Brown and Professor Robert Smith. Ms Angela Booth, Dr Ian Brown, Professor Ian Givens, Mrs Christine McAlinden, Dr David Peers, and Mr Edwin Snow have been reappointed.
The two new members’ terms of office will run from 1 October 2014 to 30 September 2017. The six re-appointees’ have had their terms of appointment extended as follows:
- Dr Ian Brown (Chair) - 8 May 2014 to 8 May 2017
- Professor Ian Givens (Animal Nutrition) - 1 June 2014 to 31 May 2017
- Mr Edwin Snow (Feed Industry) - 1 July 2014 to 30 June 2017
- Ms Angela Booth (Feed Manufacturer) - 1 September 2014 to 31 August 2017
- Dr David Peers (Animal Nutrition) - 1 December 2014 to 30 November 2017
- Mrs Christine McAlinden (Toxicology) - 1 December 2014 to 30 November 2017
Tim Bennett said: 'The Advisory Committee on Animal Feedingstuffs is one of the independent committees which plays a very important role in providing the FSA, the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs and devolved administrations with expert advice. The Committee is extremely fortunate to have members with the enthusiasm and experience of Mr Brown and Professor Smith, and the reappointed members, I wish them every success in their work'.