Welcome to the UK's Improving Human Research Potential (IHP) Home Page
created by the Office of Science and Technology's (OST) International Directorate . Read on to find out more about the exciting opportunities
offered to researchers under the European Commission's Improving the Human
Research Potential and the Socio-Economic Knowledge Base Programme.
The IHP Programme provides funds for a range of research activities including:
- Marie Curie Fellowships: which provide grants for researchers to undertake research in another EU Member State or one of the Associated States that participates in the EC's Fifth Framework Programme.
- Research Training Networks: which fund research teams from a number of countries to work together on high quality research projects.
- Enhancing Access to Research Infrastructures: which provides grants for major research infrastructures in Europe to give access to new users.
- Promoting Scientific and Technological Excellence: which provides support for scientific conferences, distinctions for high-level research work, and promotes activities to raise public awareness of scientific and technological developments.
- Key Action on Socio-Economic Research: will support research into some of the social and economic issues affecting European society. This website does not cover the socio-economic key action and for information on this part of the programme, visit either the Commission's CORDIS website or the website of the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC).
The training and mobility aspects of the IHP Programme cover all fields of the exact, natural, economic and management sciences. Research in the social and human sciences, which can contribute to the aims of improving the competitiveness of European industry and the quality of life, is also supported.
For more information
For more information on the opportunities available in the IHP Programme,
click on the relevant activity in the index opposite.
Alternatively, for a basic overview of the IHP Programme, please click
Please also see our Contacts/Links
page for details of where you can obtain more information about each activity
including an application form.
Last updated: May 2001
Please take note of this disclaimer.
E-mail comments on this site to: UK IHP NCP