Content on this site is under review following the formation of a new government.
Related Strategy papers
The White Paper 'Delivering a Sustainable Railway', published on 24 July 2007, fulfils the remit the Government set itself in 2005 to provide strategic direction for the rail industry.
The Future of Air Transport - White Paper and the Civil Aviation Bill sets out a strategic framework for the development of airport capacity in the United Kingdom over the next 30 years, against the wider context of the air transport sector. Published: 16 December 2003
The following content is available from the Department for Transport web archive .
- A new deal for transport: better for everyone - white paper
- A new deal for transport: summary
- British shipping: Charting a new course
- Developing an integrated transport policy
- Review of the Commission for Integrated Transport
- The Future of Rail - White Paper CM 6233
- The Future of Transport - White Paper CM 6234
- Transport - real spending is making a real difference
- Transport Ten Year Plan 2000
- Transport Ten Year Plan 2000: summary
- Transport Ten Year Plan 2000: explanatory note
- Transport Ten Year Plan 2000: background analysis
- Transport Ten Year Plan 2000: delivering better transport - progress report (PDF - 4096 KB)
- Transport Ten Year Plan 2000: government response to select committee CM 5569 (PDF - 292 KB)
Help accessing downloadable file formats
Most publications are available in portable document format (PDF) or rich text format (RTF) for downloading and reading offline. PDF files may only be compatible with the latest version of the free Adobe Acrobat Reader .
People with visual difficulties may find it useful to learn about improving the accessibility of Acrobat documents at the Adobe Accessibility Resource Centre .
For information about RTF and zip files please visit help with downloads.
If you are unable to access a publication, please contact us to organise a suitable alternative format.
For related documents, pages and internet links, see the column on the right.