- Set up seven work stations around the gymnasium, as follows:
- Station 1: selection of mats for students to complete press-ups
- Station 2: selection of mats for students to complete half-sits / sit-ups
- Station 3: 2 x benches for students to complete step-ups
- Station 4: 2 x benches for students to complete box jumps
- Station 5: 2 x benches for students to complete tricep dips
- Station 6: clear area for students to complete lunges
- Station 7: 2 x markers set 20m apart for students to complete shuttle runs
- Put seven copies of the appropriate worksheet (detailing how to complete the exercise) at each station and distribute a copy of Student Worksheet 6 to each student.
- Divide the class into seven groups and position each group at one of the stations.
- At the sound of your whistle, students should spend two minutes completing the set exercise at each station to the best of their ability.
- At the next sound of your whistle (after two minutes) students should record their results on Student Worksheet 6 and move onto the next workstation.
- This Episode should continue for thirty minutes or until all students have visited each station twice.
- On their second visit to the workstation, encourage students to aim for a personal best - attempting to improve on their first performance.
- Improve on personal performances.
- Self-guided learning.
- Selection of exercise mats
- 6 x benches
- 2 x markers
- 1 x tape measure
- 1 x whistle
- Student Worksheets 2-6