Space for All - Community Funding Scheme 2011/12
A key goal in the current UK space strategy is to increase awareness among the general public of the UK's space programme and of the role that space plays in everyday life. We also believe that space has an important role to play in inspiring and educating the next generation.
Many groups, societies and individuals across the UK share this ambition and can help us explain the importance of space. To this end, the UK Space Agency operates its 'Space for All' community sponsorship award scheme. This is a competitive process which offers small grants (up to a maximum of £5,000 for each award) to groups ready to present the UK's space programme and stimulate the use of space in inspiration and learning.
Projects may be targeted at specific audiences and may include:
- delivery of curriculum enrichment activities;
- delivery of activities to promote careers in the space sector;
- preparation of plans for long term projects;
- development of web or social media outreach content.
Applications are judged by a panel led by the Agency and supported by representatives of the UK space community. Judging criteria include the quality and practicality of the proposals, the size of the audience that will be reached, and the extent of alignment with the UK’s civil space strategy. A preference will be given to projects that will reach an audience hitherto unaware of the UK's space programme and to education projects that support the work of the UK’s space education office, ESERO-UK.
We anticipate the following schedule:
- Opening of award scheme – Monday 8 August 2011
- Deadline for proposals to be received – no later than 9am on Monday 3 October 2011
- Decisions communicated to proposers – week commencing Monday 7 November 2011
- Projects to be completed - 31 March 2013
This call will have a total budget of £35,000 and will be the only call for the financial year 2011/12.
To apply for an award you must:
Upon completion of the project, you must complete a final report form. (DOC, 77 Kb) For further information see our Frequently Asked Questions. (PDF, 21 Kb)