Blast Off with Mission X 2012
The Mission X six week challenge has been designed to be as flexible as possible in order to suit the school timetable. Activities can be delivered through PE, Food Technology, Language, Science and PSE lessons, homework assignments, lunch and afterschool clubs or through themed days and weeks.
(JPG, 2.1 Mb)
Richard Garriott, taking part in Mission X in the UK.
Credit: Michael Cockerham.
How the proposed UK Mission X will work:
- Full day activities will be held on a single day at different venues and supported by external experts where possible and, if feasible, there will be a half day follow up to review mission logs and progress
- Teachers will be able to work alongside scientists, engineers and university students where possible
- Different models: secondary schools in partnership with feeder primaries, primary schools on their own, secondary schools on their own or secondary school clusters
- Fitness accelerators carried out as independent learning tasks, or within class, or at out-of-school clubs
Support for UK Mission X teams via the UK Space Agency website:
- Press releases and webnews from the UK Space Agency, ESA and NASA
- Dedicated Mission X information and resources
- UK specific press releases linked to key events targeting the education press and local media
- Dedicated international website: www.trainlikeanastronaut.org, blog, tweet and facebook
And via the UK Space Agency's Mission X Countdown schools can download the following:
- Operations tool kit for schools including forms to collect points, sample letters for parents/guardians, sample certificate, sample timetables and list of resources required
- Communication tool kit for schools including image release forms, template press releases which can be adapted, access to images and logos and useful contacts
To receive regular news updates about the Agency and the UK Space industry please subscribe to our news alerts and subscriptions.
In order to register your interest in participating in Mission X in the UK, please send an email with your contact details.