Export Control Awareness Newsletter - April 2012 edition
Latest announcements and advice on strategic export control issues for all ECO exporters and stakeholders.
Stay up to date with the latest announcements and advice on export control issues provided by the Export Control Organisation, the UK's regulatory authority for export licensing of strategic (military and dual-use) goods.
The April 2012 issue of the ECO's Awareness Newsletter covers:
- Outcome of FCO Review and moves to greater transparency - complete the ECO survey by Friday 20 April at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/export-licensing-transparency
- Anti-Piracy Controls
- Export Control Advisory Committee
- Current arms embargoes
- New and Amended Open General Export Licences
- Introduction of new European Union General Export Authorisations (reminder)
- Service Improvement Project (SIP)
- OGEL Checker Focus Group
- Updated on the King's College London Proliferation Procurement and Anti-Proliferation Project
- The 'Warning Letter' process
- Clarification to Open General Export Licence (Military Goods: Collaborative Project Typhoon)
- HOW DO I DO THAT? - De-Registering from OGLs
- Advice on using SPIRE: What to do if you see the error message: 'Too few consignees entered'?
- HOW DO I DO THAT? - How to register to use SPIRE
- What's the difference? Knowing your EUU from an EUC or even a CU…!
- Controls on execution drugs
- Notices to Exporters you may have missed…..
Download the Export Control Awareness Newsletter: April 2012 (DOC, 943 Kb) .
Export Control Guidance
The Export Control Organisation (ECO) is the UK's regulatory 'strategic' export licensing authority and forms part of the UK's Department for Business. Further details about the ECO's advisory services and practical guidance for exporters is available on the export control pages of the Businesslink website.
Previously issued Notices to Exporters
You can access previously issued Notices via our Notices to Exporters page.
You can choose to subscribe to our email alerts service by emailing us at email@example.com or alternatively by subscribing to either via our RSS feed or via Twitter.
Other Notification Services
The Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) also publishes a Bulletin which sets out the wider work of BIS to build a dynamic and competitive economy. Click here for more information and to subscribe.
Export Control Enquiries
For general export control queries please contact the ECO Helpline on 020 7215 4594 or firstname.lastname@example.org
ECO Business Awareness Team
Export Control Organisation
18 April 2012