Delivery of Structural Funds, Rural Development Funds and European Maritime and Fisheries Fund in England
Open date: 28 Mar 2012
Closing date: 27 Apr 2012
Response date: 13 Jul 2012
The purpose of this consultation was to elicit views on how structural funds, rural development funds and maritime and fisheries funds can best be used to develop and maintain sustainable growth and jobs in 2014-2020.
EU policies for cohesion, rural development, maritime and fisheries each play a significant role in supporting sustainable, environmental, social and economic restructuring across the EU. The main funding programmes that support this agenda are: Structural and Cohesion Funds (European Regional Development Funds, European Social Funds and Cohesion funds), European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development and the European Maritime and Fisheries Fund. The purpose of this informal consultation was to elicit initial views on how these Funds can best be used to develop and maintain sustainable growth and jobs in the 2014-2020 funding period. The key messages from stakeholders were for:
- Reduced administrative burdens in delivering each of the Funds.
- Ability to align funds, as appropriate, to enable a more holistic approach to dealing with barriers to growth.
- Flexibility in managing funding programmes that allow for a more place based approach as well as an issue based approach.
- Better use of match funding by aligning national programmes, local expenditure and private sector investment with EU Funds.
- Local engagement throughout the process.
The Government will consider how to take forward the views of stakeholders and aim to launch a formal consultation for the Partnership Agreement in spring 2013.
Download the consultation
Download the government response