Due to ongoing discussions within Government, there will be a delay in publishing the Government’s response to the Modern Workplaces Consultation. The Government response will be published early in 2012.
Ed Davey on why this matters
Employment Relations Minister, Edward Davey MP, explains why modern Britain needs modern workplaces; and how these Government proposals will offer both employers and employees the benefits of greater flexibility.
Flexible Working Case Studies
- Dave Ratchford commented:"Reading some comments here (which I am sure are not widely held views), I can see why governments need to legislate to protect parents' right to leav…"
- Eve Taylor. OBE commented:"At last some one is raising questions for reducing all this time away from their employment because they have a baby. I had 5 sons at the end of the…"
- H A Prowse (Miss) commented:"4 weeks annual leave is enough for everyone - enough for new fathers and fair to those of us without children! New mothers should stay at home - it …"
- Margaret Bird commented:"Jenni - this approach would be discriminatory and parents already have the right to request a change in their hours. It would though be unrealistic …"
- Michael Bettridge commented:"I am concerned that the introduction of flexible working is not practical in all places of work. As a school administrator I cannot see how it can be…"