The Insolvency Service
Proposals to simplify and reorder existing Insolvency Rules and replace them with a single set of rules fit for the 21st Century
Companies which offered misleading, inaccurate and financially damaging information to ailing businesses in England and Wales, or were guilty of serious financial irregularities relating to insolvent companies
The Hotline is
A contact point where you can report possible misconduct to the Insolvency Service.
We welcome information about
Companies, the re-use of prohibited names, directors, disqualified directors, undischarged bankrupts, those subject to debt relief orders and individuals subject to restrictions.
- For information about the bankruptcy process contact the Insolvency Enquiry Line during office hours (8am to 5pm Monday to Friday)
- Call 0845 602 9848
- Alternatively visit our Publications section for a range of guides and information on personal and corporate insolvency, redundancy, bankruptcy restrictions and director disqualification.
I need to:
- Check the Individual Insolvency Register
- Find an Official Receiver
- Find an Official Receiver Mobile Version (beta)
- Find an Insolvency Practitioner
- Search the Public Interest Database
- Search for people with restrictions
- Search for disqualified directors
Seek general information
Make a complaint
- Complain about The Insolvency Service or an insolvency practitioner
- Complain about breaches of the law by a director of an insolvent company or a bankrupt
- Complain about a company/director of a company which is still trading
- Complain about misuse of the ‘pre-pack’ administration process (or any other corporate insolvency process)
Find the insolvency forms you need. Visit our forms page for a list of the insolvency forms that are available online
Access to published information through our approved publication scheme.
Official statistics showing numbers of corporate and individual insolvencies in England & Wales.